cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

video conferencing ?

kaustubhchavan
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys i want setup video confercing betn 2 branches of my company how i do tht ?

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, first you obtain two vidconf units that will talk with each other (two of the same model from same vendor often do), then follow installation instructions.

Second, you adjust (hopefully possible) bandwidth generation of the units to be less than available network bandwidth capacity end-to-end.

Third, you consider QoS implementation, from end-to-end, to attempt to insure vidconf units obtain the bandwidth they've been configured for and provide it in a timely manner.

For Video design information, Cisco has much further information. You might start here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns819/networking_solutions_program_home.html. You likely would be most interested in "Video Collaboration" and "TelePresence".

PS:

Before doing anything, you might want to work backwards through the above. I.e understand what a network needs to do to support vidconf well, define equipment and usage requirements, purchase equipment, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card