cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Issue In MPLS Network

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

we are having a gateway router which is running a public as and having a direct peering with service provider. We are also working as MPLS-SP and providing internet services to our esteemed clients. Now I am facing a one issue if the customer is coming at remote pop which is having a BGP with private as number and customer itself is having a global as number with his own ip pool. For that I created a peering with my gateway router by putting a route for loopback and created e-bgp peering. Now when the customer pool was advertised by my gateway it doesnot get the reverse path?

Kindly give your suggestions or designs how the ebgp can be used with gateway router in case SP is runnig MPLS.

regards

shivlu jain

5 Replies 5

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you don't have a tunnel between your Gw and the customer router (L2VPN, GRE,..), the PE on which is connected the customer router must know the route as well even with the eBGP multihop session. Same thing for the PE on which your GW is connected to...

HTH

Laurent

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Shivlu,

Its not clear why u have Private-AS at one of ur POPs , while u could have the Same Public-AS configured and run IBGP session between Your PoPs. If you have Myltiple POPs than u can go for (Route-Reflector) design.

The Second point, If you mean what type of Internet access, Then you can have one of the following:

1- Classic Internet Access.

2- a dedicated Vrf for Internet Access.

HTH

Mohamed

hi mohamed

we are using RR only for our vpnv4 routes.

Internet vrf is in place and we are serving the customers with that. But if any of the customer is looking for direct peering with us on global AS and the customer serving pop is running 65500. In this type of scenario how to serve the customer.

As laurent told go with GRE that we are also using but apart from this is there any optimal design.

regards

shivlu jain

Shivlu,

You have a MPLS-VPN environment so I would go with L2VPN but it requires that your Internet Router is connected to a PE and not the PE itself.

Laurent.

Laurent

Its a good option let me check then I will revert back.

regards

shivlu jain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: