Wired and Wireless guest can not use the same guest account

Unanswered Question
Jan 30th, 2009
User Badges:

When configuring wired and wireless guest access, I cant find a way to have the lobby ambassador make one guest account that can access wired AND wireless guest network.

The lobby ambassador has to pick a profile. The wired and wireless guest profiles can not have the same name.

Is there a way to give a guestuser access to both the wired and wireless guest network.

Overall Rating: 4.5 (3 ratings)
sschmidt Fri, 01/30/2009 - 06:43
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Currently there isn't a way to accomplish this since the guest user name can exist only once and with one profile. The wireless and wired lans are separate configured entities.

sschmidt Fri, 02/13/2009 - 06:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

As far as I know at this point it is considered working as intended. I have not seen a feature in the works but you may want to contact your account team to file a PERS if it is a needed feature.

Scott Fella Sat, 02/14/2009 - 07:27
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

The only way to get that working is if you authenticate WebAuth users to a radius server. Then you can have the same username and password. If your radius server has a local DB like ACS, but there is no lobby adim on ACS. We have implemented NAC Guest Server which has a lobby admin feature, but it is pretty expensive!

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network