cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wired and Wireless guest can not use the same guest account

5bsnellen
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring wired and wireless guest access, I cant find a way to have the lobby ambassador make one guest account that can access wired AND wireless guest network.

The lobby ambassador has to pick a profile. The wired and wireless guest profiles can not have the same name.

Is there a way to give a guestuser access to both the wired and wireless guest network.

4 Replies 4

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently there isn't a way to accomplish this since the guest user name can exist only once and with one profile. The wireless and wired lans are separate configured entities.

Will this be solved in a future release?

As far as I know at this point it is considered working as intended. I have not seen a feature in the works but you may want to contact your account team to file a PERS if it is a needed feature.

The only way to get that working is if you authenticate WebAuth users to a radius server. Then you can have the same username and password. If your radius server has a local DB like ACS, but there is no lobby adim on ACS. We have implemented NAC Guest Server which has a lobby admin feature, but it is pretty expensive!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card