cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade boot version LAP-1242AG

770801tvdhaar
Level 1
Level 1

How can I upgrade the boot version of a converted autonomous AP to LAP 1242AG?

extract from WCS

Software Version 4.2.130.0

Boot Version 12.3.7.1

Tyrone

7 Replies 7

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a reason you need to upgrade it? I believe it is 12.3(7)JA1 already which I believe is the latest.

Is there a problem with booting it?

I have a newer version this is the boot version.

Extract from WCS on a LWAPP LAP

Software Version 4.2.130.0

Boot Version 12.4.13.0

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just want to make things clear here: Is the AP "joined" to a Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)?

If yes, you can't upgrade the boot version/IOS/firmware of the AP without upgrading the firmware of the WLC.

If the WLC will detect and upgrade/downgrade the firmware of the AP's according to the WLC's firmware.

Does this help?

The AP is joined, all I would like to do is upgrade the boot version this accesspoint has been converted from autonomous to lwapp, but we buy new ones with the lwapp(rcv ios) and their boot versions are different

You can't upgrade the boot version of the AP. Like the other post mentioned, the WLC manages the firmware of the ap's that joined it. You have to understand that since your ap's were converted to lwapp doesn't mean that it should have the same boot as an original lwapp. Also, are the ap's the same model?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

same serie 1242AG, but differs from model number

AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9

AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9

AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9 is the AP with the Lightweight Mode Recover IOS image (aka RCV) while AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 has an Autonomous Mode IOS image.

You can upgrade the AP's from Lightweight to Automous (and vice versa) but the model number will never change: It's burnt into the chips.

Does this information help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: