Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7985G - Clarification

karthiksr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

As far as Cisco 7975 phones and the below end model Ip phones are concerned,when we press the Directories button, there is an called "Personal Directory"and "Corporate Directory".

But, these 2 options are not available in the Ip Phone 7985G.

Can you pl clarify whether these 2 options are not available in actual or do we need to enable the options in CUCM.

Pl clarify.

Regards

Karthik Sridharan

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

The Directories button features the phone identifies incoming messages and categorizes them on the screen, allowing users to quickly and effectively return calls using the direct-dial-back capability. The corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol Version 3 (LDAP3) standard directory.

For the further assistance following guide may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps6564/product_data_sheet0900aecd8030e546.html

atauer101
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this same issue recently myself. The way that I resolved it as I was informed that the traditional Directories are not present is to create an IP Phone Service for the directory that you see on the other 79xx series. When you create it copy and paste your directories URL from the Enterprise Manager. I hope that this helps!

Adrian

CCVP

Hi Adrian

Ya i got resolved the prob. Actually i have given the ip in the system> CUCM server instead host name.But in the enterprise manager i have given hostname in the URL directories. Then i changed to this host name to IP. Then the option of directories got listed in the Ip phone..

Thanks Adrian.

Regards

karthik