Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting the Admin password on CRS 4.01

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

It's been a while since I last used my lab CRS. In the meantime we moved it to another net but I managed to get it back to running state - the only problem remaining is logging in.

Searching online I found the following document from Cisco, which refers an older CRS version and CCM version (I'm running 4.2.3): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801d6e61.shtml

If I follow this guide, the CRS won't start anymore and I get an error about a missing file (just the file I renamed). I noted that in that file, the password seems to be present but in encrypted or hashed form.

Either way.. is there a way for me to restore the admin login on CRS? I do have full access to the underlying Windows box and of course the call manager.

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

CRS 4.0.1 stores configuration in LDAP (either GC directory or Active Directory).

In directory, you need to find the accounts in admin group. Once you know which account(s) has the admin rights in CRS, you may try to log in with that account.

If you forgot the password for that account, you may reset it with CCMAdmin > User > Global Directory.

If you're not comfortable playing around with GC directory, you'd better open a TAC case. If you broke GC directory, you could break you CCM as well.

Hope this helps!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

You mean DC directory, not GC directory, correct?

Unfortunately the image download doesn't seem to work... so could you give me the path in writing (Directory - cisco.com - etc.)?

Though I think the problem is that I did not configure any additional admins for CRS.. I'm really looking for a way to reset the password of the account called "Administrator" on CRS.. I know the password of the account called "Administrator" on the CCM but using that login definitely doesn't get me anywhere.

I finally managed to download the file and looking at it I found my users that had CRS permissions and with a little trial and error I managed to find one that is an administrator and I'm back in so thanks for the tip.