Views
Helpful
Replies

3570 WAAS Configuration

Ian Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Since WCCP has been enabled on the 3750's there has never been the WCCP option to "ip wccp redirect exclude in" from the WAAS unit to stop Loops.

Is there any way round this or is the only option to configure PBR on the 3750.

Thanks

Ian

4 Replies 4

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The 3750 doesn't support redirect-out, which is where you would want to use the "redirect exclude in" statements. 3750s only support redirect-in (L2-redirect, L2-return, mask-assign, redirect-in are the rules for that platform).

Basically if you are doing redirection on multiple 3750s (not stacked), then they will have to share a L2 subnet that isn't being redirected for the WAEs to return egress traffic to.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi Dan,

So as I understand it, provide I put the redirects "in" on the interfaces I want and not the WAAS ones. I should be ok.

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

You are correct. You would put 61 "in" on one direction (LAN for example) and 62 "in" on the other (WAN) and no redirection on the WAAS interface. You don't want to re-intercept egress traffic from the WAE as it would get caught in a redirection loop.

Also, be aware you need to enable a routing SDM Template to enable WCCP on the 3750.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Many thanks, all looks good.

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: