Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Edit Subscribers' Integration ID?

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am moving users over with the COBRAS tool from a Unity 4.0(5) system to a new Unity 5.0(1) system. Both systems have two integrations, one with CallManager and one with a PBX. When I move a few test users over who are asoociated with the PBX integration, they are being imported in and some how getting mapped to the CallManager integration.

I have tried matching up the Integration IDs from server to server but that still isn't working correctly. So I was wondering if there is a way to bulk edit Subscribers' Integration ID. I don't think there is a parameter for it with the Bulk Import tool.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Durring the import you should get the option of saying all users mapped to integration "X" on the backed up system should be mapped to integration "Y" on the target system - is that not being offered? Are those selections not being respected?

I'd like to look at your restore logs - COBRAS should absolutely not being just throwing users into random switch assignments...

So I assume the page in the wizard you are talking about is the Resolve Switch References page.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS.htm#_Toc216789796

Page 14 on the COBRAS Help web page and page 12 in the wizard.

I tested it with one user yesterday who was associated with the PBX integration and it showed that the 'Backed Up Switch Name' was CallManager when it should of been the PBX. Is this because of this statement from the Help page:

"Page 14 shows all the switch (phone system) references made by any of the call handlers or subscribers you've selected to restore. Since switch data is not included in the COBRAS backup, all switch references will be shown here regardless."

Now I did have the option to select the PBX integration for the 'Existing Switch Name on Voice Mail Server'.

I will have to try it again when I am on site.

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would advise a TAC case to make sure you do this right but you would have to run something like the following in your SQL.

UPDATE ContactRule SET switchid = [0] WHERE switchid = 1

UPDATE NotificationDevice SET switchid = [0] WHERE switchid = 1

UPDATE NotificationMWI SET switchid = [0] WHERE switchid = 1

UPDATE Subscriber SET switchid = [0] WHERE switchid = 1

UPDATE SubscriberTemplate SET switchid = [0] WHERE switchid = 1

Substitute the correct switch id above for what you need but this is system wide change and it sounds like you may already have other users that have the correct id.

Tray

I had a problem with DIRT dirty restores, It think Jeff may have helped me on this or someone did.

Integration IDs always start with 0 then 1 then 2, etc. It does not start with 1 if you have only 1 integration. It starts with 0. So this could be your issue.