cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Option Question - Host Default Route Metric...

lrm001c474
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am utilizing a Cisco ASA 5505 as my DHCP server on my network. My host PC's are obtaining their IP addresses and relavant routing information from the ASA. I have one PC that I am using for virtualization and it is currently configured with multiple default gateways. The problem I have is that all of the default gateways (including the one that Windows installs via the DHCP information obtained by the ASA) have a metric of 20 and the PC doesn't know to utilize the ASA for the default gateway.

I could easliy solve this problem by inserting a persistant default route on the PC to the ASA with a lower metric but I would rather utilize an automatic solution. Is there a DHCP option or a another configurable parameter on the ASA that will tell the PC's to install a default gateway with a specific metric.

BTW: When I was using a Cisco router as the DHCP server, the PC was installing the default gateway with a metic of 10.

1 Reply 1

lrm001c474
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: