Views
Helpful
Replies

DN Call Forward and Pick Up Settings Issue

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.2(3)

Attempting to setup IP phone so when calls come to a line, internal calls will go to voice mail and external calls will forward to a differnet DN.

What seems to be the right settings only the setting for internal takes affect (e.g. Internal No Answer, etc.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

just to add to the great info from Rob make sure the GWs are correctly tagged as OffNet in the config, that's the field used to determine whether to use internal or external rules

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ben,

This should work :) When you use the VM Checkbox for the no answer Internal/External and then uncheck for External (to insert the DN where you want these calls forwarded)make sure the CSS will reach this secondary DN.

Hope this helps!

Rob

just to add to the great info from Rob make sure the GWs are correctly tagged as OffNet in the config, that's the field used to determine whether to use internal or external rules

HTH

java

HTH

java

The gateway for my PRI is marked OnNet.

Is there any danger in changing it to OffNet for testing right now? (e.g. dropped calls, busy signals, etc.)

Danger or not I did it anyway and it seems to have solved the issue. Why it was set to OnNet in the first place, dunno.

Thanks!

weird, by default the GWs are offnet when created. probably someone changed it without knowing what it could cause.

believe don't even ICTs are marked onnet when created. well in any case glad the issue is cleared

HTH

java

HTH

java

Now that the OffNet setting seems to be routing calls correctly according to the settings, calls from external sources cause the phones to double-ring. (i.e. the selected ring sounds twice at each ring.)

Thoughts?

Hi Ben,

What you are seeing, or rather hearing is called;

*Distinctive ring for on- and off-net status

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/ps6729/product_data_sheet0900aecd8042402c.html

This is "default" behaviour that cannot be changed by the Admin.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Can it be changed by the user? I thought I've seen that setting somewhere or something. It seems familiar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: