Helpful
Replies

redistributing the routes to MBGP

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dears ,

<br />

<br />I'm planning to take MPLS VPN with two ISP's . The design is as atteched.Is there is any better option avilable for me ? . I have an internet connection on HO and on the same router I'm terminating 3 GRE Tunnels. What's the suggested method of redistributing the GRE routes to MPLS BGP session. Whether I can run BGP from internet router and mpls router ?

I need your suggetions before implementing the same .

<br />

<br />Regards

<br />

<br />

<br />1) hhhh.jpg

<br />

3 Replies 3

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the number of sites is not going to change I would go with static routes:

- 3x routes on your CE pointing to your PIX . Then your CE redistributes those routes into his BGP session with ISP1 and ISP2.

- 3x static routes on your 3845 pointing to the PIX.

- The PIX only need the same routes as the 3845 (but pointing t the CE)  as I suppose it already has a default route pointing to the 3845.

Of course you could also run an IGP between the CE, the PIX and the 3845 as well but I don't see the advantage of running BGP between the CE and the 3845.

HTH

Laurent.

Dear Laurent,

Thanks for the suggetion .

As in the diagram ,I have the GRE tunnels on my Internet Router and I also wanted to create a backup GRE tunnels to same branches on ISP PE router . In that case whether it will make sense to run BGP between CE and 3845(internet router )

Regards

Haris

Hi Haris,

If you run BGP between the 3845 and your CE, unless you have a tunnel between them, the PIX will need to be aware of the routes as well so you should go with an IGP supported by the PIX.

HTH

Laurent.