Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upgrade The Flash Card

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I currently have a 128MB compact flash card in my UC500. I can easily just go to Staples and purchase a 1Gb card, but I'm not sure of the corect process of replacing it in my system. I can't just pull it out of the system with it running, for obvious reason, but if I power it down and replace it, how will the system boot back up with a blank flash card in there.

Don't want to go through the RomMon thing.

Can I transfer the files from one card to another using my PC? Assuming Fat16 or something is used by Cisco,

Thanks for the help.

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, power down!!!!!!!! Format fat with PC. Copy paste. But don't forget it is not "supported".

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jchadkramer
Level 1
Level 1

Just pulled the 1gb card out of an old camera formatted and copied my UC card to it, worked like a champ.

Cheers,

Chad

Did you format it using your PC? Fat File System?

And did you just power down the system, pull the card and do a copy paste>

Thanks.

-Brian

Yes, power down!!!!!!!! Format fat with PC. Copy paste. But don't forget it is not "supported".

Cheers,

Chad

Douglas Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Brian,

As of now 128 is our only option. The example provided by Chad here may work but will be unsupported.

Regards,

Douglas Smith

Hello, which is the size maximum UC520 supported I have founded 16GB and 32GB ?

The UC500 ships with a 128MB Compact Flash, and that is the only one supported. Third party CF cards might work, but that is not supported by Cisco.

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

I lost warranty ?

When I have buy UC520 I don't have see information about model with 2GB...

No, you didn't. Your warranty is not voided, but if you try to open a case for anything related to the flash, you will find TAC might push back.

Thanks,

Marcos

geoffh
Level 1
Level 1

Out of curiosity, why would you want to upgrade the flash? Everything you need to run the UC will fit on a 128mb with space left over.

In the spirit of full disclosure, many customers have told us that they would like to upload custom ring tones, backgrounds, prompts, etc. For some of that, 128MB might not be enough. We are working on alternatives to this problem, that will hopefully improve the flash utilization.

Thanks,

Marcos

I have message card Full when I see 3% free space

i guess all that can start to fill up the spare 30mb or so

=P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: