MPLS L2VPN Internetwork option

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I have one question in my mind about L2VPNs!</p>

<p>I have following connectivity:</p>

<p>CE1--Framerelay--PE1---P---PE2--ethernet--CE2</p>

<p>CE1 have FR connectivity to PE1 and CE2 has ethernet connectivity to PE2, here its clear that I will have to use Internetworking option with pseudowire! so if i will configure internetworking on both PE1 and PE2 then what kind of packet or frame will be travel between PE1 and PE2, will it be pure IP encapsulated with VPN and MPLS LDP tunnel label?</p>

<p>similarly what if i will have PE2 only configured with internetworking option then will framerelay encapsulated frame with vpn and mplstunnel label travel from PE1 to PE2? if yes then PE2 will conver it to ethernet frame right!!!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Devang Patel</p>

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Devang,

If you don't bridge ethernet over your FR link, you need a Routed Interworking L2VPN (command interworking ip) and only IP payload will be transport so you're right.

You can't configure IW on one side only as a VC type associated must be the same on both side of the PW.

HTH

Laurent.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

In the L2VPN (AToM), The Payload is layer 2 frames, The PW has 2 labels, VC label (Attachment Circuit) and the Tunnel Label.

The VC label represents (Inner Label).

The Tunnel Label represents (Outer Label).

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: