Views
Helpful
Replies

Readable RME Syslog report archives

jeeyishyuan
Level 1
Level 1

<p>Hi Experts,</p>

<p>Aft I have sent the 24 hours report (RME>Report Generator>Syslog) to archive, the job output gave me OBJ file and DATA file where only unrecognized character are seen when open using notepad. Please advise if anyway to change the generated output or to open the file in a readable way?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks & Regards</p>

<p>Yi Shyuan</p>

<p> </p>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you run the 24-hour report, then click the Export icon at the top of the page, you can export the report in CSV or PDF format.  Both of which are easily readable.  If you are scheduling the report to run daily, you can do the same type of thing.  Just view the report in the GUI, and export the contents to CSV of PDF.  Another option, if you're using RME 4.2, is to have the actual report emailed to you every day.  This can be setup when you schedule the 24-hour report to run.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The messages are dumped in plain text.  For example, if you backup to C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\syslog, there should be a file in there called something like SyslogPurgedDataBackup1233421502331 which contains all of the messages in CSV format after the syslog purge runs.

Hi Joe,

Yes, I can view the syslog purge file by running the syslog backup policy. However, I am now generating the 24 hours report daily and would like to archive each day report. The output (as attached with this post) that it archived has given me the OBJ and DATA file. Wondering how should I read or open the file from there? I have tried to use notepad but it isn't open in a readable way.

Regards,

Yi Shyuan

If you run the 24-hour report, then click the Export icon at the top of the page, you can export the report in CSV or PDF format.  Both of which are easily readable.  If you are scheduling the report to run daily, you can do the same type of thing.  Just view the report in the GUI, and export the contents to CSV of PDF.  Another option, if you're using RME 4.2, is to have the actual report emailed to you every day.  This can be setup when you schedule the 24-hour report to run.

Is there anyway to automate the export of the report in csv format instead of exporting manually? The RME installed is currently 4.1, can it also receive email for the report output?

Another question is that, how long can RME holds the 24 hours report generated? Say, 6 months or 1 year or I can configure the duration?

Thanks  & Regards

YS

No, there is no other way to automate the export.  The ability to email reports was added in RME 4.2.

The archived reports will remain for as long as you want.  You will have to delete them yourself.

Thanks Joe, I have got the info I want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: