Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7912 using SIP

LeoDayone
Level 1
Level 1

<p>Hello.</p>

<p>I just bought a Cisco 7912 phone and it is configured to use CallManager servers.<br />

I would like to use it with my SIP phone line, is there any way to do this?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance,<br />

~LeoDayone.</p>

4 Replies 4

The 7912 doesn't support a SIP phone load.

If it's actually registered to CCM or CME, then you can use your SIP trunk directly there.

Otherwise - sorry.  Need a 7940/60/70/41/42/71..etc

hth,

nick

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Actually there is SIP firmware for the 7912 (latest is 8.0.1), but is not released to the public by Cisco. You will also need the configuration utility to generate a .cfg file from a text file, in order to upgrade.  The configuration utility is also licensed software.

Yep - looks like your right on this.  Didn't check.

But, it is actually available on Cisco.com for download.  If you have the contract rights, you can take a look at this link:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/IPCheck.x?defAdv=N&sftAdv=N&filename=CP7912080001SIP060412A.ZIP&advUrl=null&defInd=N&mdfid=278115698&sftType=Session+Initiation+Protocol+(SIP)+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&relVer=8.0(1)&md5=cac41ebda5fcb3f91f7d228dbd5677e9&modifmdfid=278115698&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst=N&modelName=Cisco+Unified+IP+Phone+7912G&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&edesignator=null&lr=Y&nodecount=2&fsd=&wc=N&hasfsd=N

(Not sure if that link will pull up for you, go to voice downloads and do a search for 7912->SIP software).  Thanks Paulo.

-nick

Hi, I said "not released to the public" to mean "need a paid support contract to download". Usually people buying or inheriting used cisco products do not have one.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: