Helpful
Replies

Delete Devices in The Configuration Archival Summary

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

<p>I have LMS 2.6 RME4.0.6</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Can i delete or select all devcies that are in the Partially Successful status or field status in the Configuration Archival Summary</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The best I have is a small UNIX shell script I wrote to wrap dcrcli's delete function. I have not created a complete implementation of the workaround. You could adapt my script to your needs, though.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can check the box next to Partially Successful, and perform a sync archive on all of those devices.  Once all of the configs have been fetched from each device, the device will move from partially successful to successful.

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

i would suspect yes...if you are unconcerned with retaining any of the information about them, delete them from common services...that will remove them from both CS and RME...

But, in doing so, it will not retain any inventory information (including archived configs).

r/bruce

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

My problem I need to delete more than 200+ devices that are related the bug CSCsh39475

Ah. I understand. Yes, this is easy to do. Click the number next to Partially Successful. At the top, you'll see an icon for exporting the devices to the device selector. Click that icon.

Then, go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices, and select the "Saved device list" group under RME. Then click Delete.

I can't see the icon of exporting the devices to the device selector, just export icon to file and print icon!!.

Sorry, I missed the fact that you said this was RME 4.0.6. This feature was added in RME 4.1. As a complex workaround, you could export this list to a file, then script dcrcli to delete the devices out of DCR. The downside of this approach is that you would need to re-add the devices to DCR including their credentials.

Thanks a lot.

Can you give an example for a group of device please.

The best I have is a small UNIX shell script I wrote to wrap dcrcli's delete function. I have not created a complete implementation of the workaround. You could adapt my script to your needs, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: