CTIOS client unified interface

Unanswered Question
Feb 1st, 2009

<p>Hi ,</p>

<p>i have a question regarding the multi-channel solution, i have IPCC enterprise system and operating well but later i implemented Cisco interaction manager solution , the agent  interface is CTIOS client  , can i integarte with CTIOS client with multichannel to enable get a unified interface for voice,e-mail,chatting , webcollaboration?? and if so , how can i do that?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Regards</p>

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Not out of the box. The eGain OEM (EIM/WIM) is a browser-based user interface, while CTIOS is a fat client. I imagine if you are a clever programmer you could take one of the CTIOS Toolkit Soft Phones (VB.NET, C#, Java) and add some code - for example, catch the login event and launch EIM/WIM browser page with the query string to push the login through.

If you have CAD, you can put the EIM/WIM in the "embedded browser" and (reportedly) do a similar thing through CAD workflow events. Cisco claim that this integration produces a "unified desktop" but I have not seen an example of how to set that workflow up.

If you compare this Rube Goldberg mash up with something like the Genesys UI, it's disappointing. Cisco have had a unified client on their wish list for a long time.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion