cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

<p>HI there, how can I use IPM to monitor delay between server & host..can any one tell me is it possible or no if yes then how can I do that ...</p>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The monitor button watches the collector in real-time. There will be no data points plotted initially. After every execution cycle (this is every 60 seconds by default), a new data point will be plotted. As long as the window is left up, you will keep getting data points.

The historical graph will only be available after an hour (by default).

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible.  IPM is designed to configure the IP SLA feature of Cisco IOS devices.  Therefore, the Cisco IOS device must be the source of any collector that IPM configures.  You can measure delay between a Cisco device and a server or a Cisco device and a host, but not between server and host.

Hi Thanks for your reply. OK If I want to monitor delay between a server & a router/switch how can I do that as LMS does not have server IP how can I tell LMS to check the delay from a router or switch..would be great if u explain the steps..

What version of IPM are you using?

its the latest one which is installed with dec 2007 update..

Add your server as an Ad Hoc target into IPM. This is done under IPM > Collector Mgmt > Devices. Once the server has been added you can define an operation and a collector to measure the delay in which you are interested. Consult the IPM online help for more details on modifying one of the existing IP SLA operation types. You may be able to use one of the built-in types (e.g. DefaultIpEcho) without any modification.

The IP SLA collector will combine your desired source device (an IOS device which supports IP SLA), with your ad hoc server target, and your desired operation. Again, consult the IP online help for details on defining a collector.

Thanks for your reply. I have added servers as an ADHOC devices & created the collectors by using the built-in types but i dont c any data/graphs for that..i checked the ICMP between server & the device it is working but still I dont see any graph

What type of collector did you create (real-time, or historical)? What are you clicking on to see the graph? What error do you get? What version of Flash do you have loaded on the client?

Hi, I tried both historical & real time. I tried clicking on graph as well as montior but i see only graph but no data like high & low latency based on time..there is no error message.. I can see the graph but its blank..no data plotted on it..only see vertical line & horizontal line with latency written one side & time (hh:mm:ss) written on another side..nothing else..

The monitor button watches the collector in real-time. There will be no data points plotted initially. After every execution cycle (this is every 60 seconds by default), a new data point will be plotted. As long as the window is left up, you will keep getting data points.

The historical graph will only be available after an hour (by default).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco