cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks interaction with other applications

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

<p>Does anybody know if CiscoWorks has any problem residing on a server with other applications, such as a network management software (sniffer).</p>

<p>I'm deploying a sniffer from Network Instruments.  It runs a console that is stood up on any x86 machine, and I was considering putting it on my CiscoWorks server just to have my tools all on one server.</p>

<p>Any gotcha's that anybody knows about?</p>

<p>Bruce</p>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS is generally tested standalone.  We have, however, done some coexistence testing with HPOV NNM.  The server must have the resources to run both products.

The biggest issues with multiple applications on the same Windows server are resources, library conflicts, port conflicts, and network access issues.  If this sniffer is not going to introduce any of those, then it should work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS is generally tested standalone.  We have, however, done some coexistence testing with HPOV NNM.  The server must have the resources to run both products.

The biggest issues with multiple applications on the same Windows server are resources, library conflicts, port conflicts, and network access issues.  If this sniffer is not going to introduce any of those, then it should work.

Thanks J...appreciate your thoughts...the server i'm using has sufficient resources to run both...dont think there would be any port conflicts...not sure what libaries would come into play, but dont know for sure...

dont want to introduce any problems for my LMS box (have enough on its own, hehehe)...

bruce

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: