cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys and Cisco Branding Confused Consumer

jasonwiegel
Level 1
Level 1

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 9pt">I am just confused what the difference is between Linksys and Cisco brand as far as the business series goes. I was currently looking at the RV042, RV082, and RV016 to support my business needs as a simple VPN solution and I noticed that the product says Linksys and Cisco. It just seems a bit confusing because when you see Linksys you probably would go to the Linksys website; however, when you visit the Linksys website  there isn’t any support for Linksys for Business series or anymore. I had to actually find this on my own and discovered that the products now moved to the Cisco website. Are you planning on rebranding the current Linksys Business Series routers with the Cisco name? What do you plan on doing with the current Linksys Business series product line? If someone can send me an email at jwiegel@aerosped.org that would be great because I do not want to make a huge investment if you do not planning on supporting these models let’s say after a couple years from now.</span></div>

1 Reply 1

brasakai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Linksys Business Series brand has transitioning to the Cisco Small Business brand. This is only a brand change. The Linksys Business Series products will continue to be sold and supported as they are today. We are not discontinuing any products just because the new name is Cisco Small Business.

Because of the number of products in our portfolio, we have elected to do rebranding in phases, so you will continue to see Linksys Business Series name on some product for probably until the end of the calendar year, possibly longer.

The key thing with this transition is that Cisco Small Business is committed to the same value proposition as Linksys Business Series. We understand the need for easy-to-use devices, with business class reliability, and at a value price. Our group will continue to focus in this area , but also leverage some of the best practices at Cisco to make our products easier to use, higher performance and more reliable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: