cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP for LAN and WLAN

Carsten Radke
Level 1
Level 1

<p>My problem is to get an IP with the WLAN-Clients. They could connect but didn't become a dhcp-lease.</p>

<p>I've looked in all the other posts for dhcp, but couldnt locate my problem.</p>

<p>Any help is welcome. Config is attached.</p>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So if the wireless clients get associated to the AP and they do not get a valid IP Address (range of 192.168.10.200 to 192.168.10.210), what IP Address(es) are they getting?

If they are not getting the default 169.x.x.x IP Address then there could be a DHCP server nearby? If the answer is yes (that they are getting a valid IP Address from a nearby DHCP Server), IP Helper Address?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So the clients get associated to the wireless AP but can't get ip addresses from 192.168.10.200 to 192.168.10.210?

thats right

So if the wireless clients get associated to the AP and they do not get a valid IP Address (range of 192.168.10.200 to 192.168.10.210), what IP Address(es) are they getting?

If they are not getting the default 169.x.x.x IP Address then there could be a DHCP server nearby? If the answer is yes (that they are getting a valid IP Address from a nearby DHCP Server), IP Helper Address?

The Client doesn't get an IP and the only dhcp server is on the router.

Could it be that i've to diable the ip inspect ?

Carsten

Hi,

I am having the same issue with a new 1231 AP. It gets a windows (local) IP of 169.x.x.x.

Try adding the bridge-group 1 command to your Dot11Radio0.1 subinterface. I've seen this problem before and it generally relates to bridge-groups.

Thats was the problem, thanks jeff.

I changed the config in:

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

!

encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers tkip

!

broadcast-key vlan 1 change 45

!

!

ssid Carsten

!

speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0

channel 2462

station-role root

rts threshold 2312

no cdp enable

!

interface Dot11Radio0.1

encapsulation dot1Q 1 native

no cdp enable

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source

no bridge-group 1 source-learning

no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding

and its working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card