cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vocera one way audio or dropped calls

JASON CHOQUETTE
Level 4
Level 4

<p>We have a small Vocera deployment and just upgraded to Vocera version 4.1 and are seeing one way audio or dropped calls.  We are not running an LWAPP solution yet and our Access Points are version 12.3(4)JA.  We have verfiied that the badges are not roaming and aren't lossing connectivity to the access point.  And they work fine when you play the welcome tutorial, it just seams to be badge to badge calls.</p>

<p>I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and gotten a resolution.</p>

<p>Thank You</p>

4 Replies 4

kwoerner1
Level 1
Level 1

check to see what your power levels on the ap's are set to. The badges can only transmit at 30 mw, and if your ap's are set to transmit at 100mw, you will create one way audio because the badge can still recieve audio from the ap, but the ap can't receive from the badge.

Yes, I am transmiting at 100mw, what should I set it to? I have never had to change this before. But, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the help

depending on your coverage, it would be optimum to set the ap's to 30mw, but that will reduce the coverage area. We have the majority of our ap's set to 30mw, with a few set to 50mw.

Are you limiting client power at all via the AP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: