cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco GSS - Hit Counts

cisco_lite
Level 1
Level 1

<br />I have configured the VIPs on GSS and the it is working fine. But I don't see the hits/counts going up. Any thing is required to enable the counts.

3 Replies 3

If VIP is working then Hits should be logged.

Does it shows the same on CLI?

Show statistics dns answer-group {list | }

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Two things.

1) I believe once the client D-proxy get a successful response from GSS, it is cached. Hence, subsequent queries are not sent to GSS and hence hit count stays unaffected. Would you know how to disable DNS caching to enforce new name query upon every request.

2) Also, during the hit count update, CLI shows the count whereas GUI takes time. On the page, the note says 'Delay may be upto 300 seconds'. Is that the reason for delay in update. How can the refresh interval be set.

1) Lower down the TTL value. TTL value of 0 can make Dproxies to not cache the dns entry. I don't recommend value zero as I have experienced that some DNS distributions do not honor value zero as TTL.So keep it low but no zero.

2)GUI needs to poll the system hence the delay.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: