cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Scripting/Automation Tools

ccannon88567
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to configure multiple switches/routers in my network with the NTP command;

"NTP Server x.x.x.x"

Is there any tools available that I can automate this statement across my network? Or maybe something similar to .vbs/.bat automation scripts?

I have 100+ Cisco devices.

In addition, to the above statement, the tool would need to log me into priv exec, global config aswell writing to memory.

Any advice would be much appreciated, If not I will have a long day ahead of me! :-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

EEM is not the solution for deploying a config change across your entire network. EEM is geared towards managing conditions that occur on one device. Of course, you could deploy an EEM policy across all devices in your network, but doing so for the purposes of changing an NTP statement is just more work than it's worth.

This kind of operation is more appropriate for tools like CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials. It includes a piece called Netconfig which can snap in small configuration changes just like this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rotran
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but might be worth looking at.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=main

Thanks for the reply Rotran.

That's definatley usefull to know about but I can't find any scripts for my purpose.

It seems to be quite difficult to get in depth info on how to use EEM TCL Scripts?

Will give this method a miss due my lack of knowledge on it.

EEM is not the solution for deploying a config change across your entire network. EEM is geared towards managing conditions that occur on one device. Of course, you could deploy an EEM policy across all devices in your network, but doing so for the purposes of changing an NTP statement is just more work than it's worth.

This kind of operation is more appropriate for tools like CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials. It includes a piece called Netconfig which can snap in small configuration changes just like this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: