Ring List Unavailable!

Unanswered Question
Feb 2nd, 2009

I have a customer where we recently installed CUCM I'm sure it worked before, but could be wrong. Once one goes to User preferences, rings, default ring. it give me a message Ring List Unavailable!. I have allready loaded the latest available devpack "cmterm-devicepack6.1.2.1131-1.cop.sgn", without any luck. The customer has all 7945 phones. The strange thing is that when I use mu Cisco IP Communicator on the same cluster, I don't have any issue. Any suggestions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Mon, 02/02/2009 - 11:47

go to the TFTP and make sure the ringlist.xml file is loaded there, also verify any connectivity issues

if this helps, please rate

jasondrisc Tue, 06/30/2009 - 06:35

Hello, I was hoping for a follow up on this thread.

CM version:, installed devicepack- almost a week ago. It was brought to my attention today that the only ring tone availabe on a 7921 is 'Chirp 1', further investigation shows no available ring tones on a 7920, and intermittent issues on 7940 including error message 'Ring List Unavailable...'.

Java, I went to TFTP File Management, did search for 'ringlist.xml' which returned nothing. So what now, what would've have happened with the dev pack upgrade? Any assistance would be appreciated. I've also opened a TAC case.

jasondrisc Tue, 06/30/2009 - 06:52

My apologies, 'Ringlist.xml' is there, didn't realize the file search was case sensitive?? At any rate, I appreciate any suggestions.

LouisKoekemoer_2 Wed, 07/01/2009 - 03:00

I can for the life of me not remeber what we had to do to sort this issue out. I think it was something stupid like a default gateway or something that was wrong.

jasondrisc Wed, 07/01/2009 - 03:30

Hello, thank you for the reply. Per TAC, I reset the TFTP service and reset the device pools, this resolved the issue.

Not sure why this was neccessary as both steps would've occurred while rebooting the cluster after installing the device pack, but the issue is resolved.

This Discussion