Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI connectivity

puchkisona
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are having one 7613 router in our HQ with one PA-MC_8TE1 card and 7206 router in remote sites with same card.

Please let me know how to configure ISDN PRI connectivity in between central as well as remote site.

Thanks and Regards

Sampa

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can start from here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk133/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094cb0.shtml

There are many, many more links and examples.

Note if you never configured ISDN backup before, I suggest you hire a reputable professional to do that, because it can take a lot of time a tries for you to get 100% correct.

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Sampa,

Do you want the PRI to be a permanent connection between the two sites? Is so won't this be expensive?

You will also need to take into account any security policies your company may have for remote connectivity. For example does the head office router need to be configured so that it only accepts ISDN calls from a particular number?

Thanks to both of you.This is only the temporary connection what we need to eastablish between HQ and three remote sites.later on we will connect through lease line.The remote end as well as from the central point should be able to connect each other by dialing the string.

I am attaching the configuration of remote and central router.Suggest me what next to do or any change in configuration required.

Thanks

Hi, as mentioned above, recommend you hire a consultant for the job, as in most case it is difficult to get it right unless you've specific experience.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card