cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 1.2 Administrator Password

nrichie
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if there is a way to reset the administrator account on the Windows server that is running Unity Connection 1.2? I am referring to the Windows account to gain access to the local server, not the SQL or web account.

Seems the last engineer changed it and did not document it.

Regards,

Nathan Richie

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nathan -

If this server is installed in a domain, you may be able to logon with a Domain Admin account and reset the local administrator password. If you can login this way:

- Start Computer Management console, you can right-click My Computer and select Manage. Or To open Computer Management, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

- Drill down to Local Users and Groups

- Select Users

- In the right console pane, right-click Administrator

- Select Set password

- Read the warning message, and if you want to continue, click Proceed.

- Enter in New password and in Confirm password, retype new password and then click OK.

Regards, Ginger

Hi Ginger,

I appreciate your feedback. However, this server is not in a domain with any other servers/computers. I apologize, I should had noted that in my orginal post.

Thanks again,

Nathan Richie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: