cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoview MiniRmon help

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to enable collection status on a Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5, RELEASE, cisco WS-C3750G-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision M0) and keep getting the following error:

Failed to Enable Statistics Collection !

Cause

Could be due to one of the following reasons

1.) Lack of access to the host

2.) Invalid SNMP credentials

3.) Device is busy in handling SNMP queries.

4.) This feature might not be supported by the SNMP Agent.

Action

Verify access, SNMP credentials or increasing timeout value through the preferences option. Also, please check the User Guide for Release Notes

I am guessing since I can't enable collection status on selected ports, I can't take advantage of the Alarms and Statistics in Ciscoview Mini-RMON.

Where is the "User Guide for Release Notes" and how can I get the SNMP Agent to support this feature?

=-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Absolutely. the Min-RMON manager uses SNMP read-write to configure the collection stats. You will need to add a RW string to the switch, and configure that string in DCR before this will work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

I just ran across this yesterday. I was troubled why I couldnt enable statistics on an interface of a critical router. After a week or so of pondering it clicked what was happening and I went out to the device and checked. The image does not support RMON. So I now have to upgrade 20+ routers (all have same code when deployed) to an image that meets todays, as well as includes RMON.

Thank you for this post. I am worried this is the case...

How did you assess whether the image would support RMON?

Thanks Joe,

I have already verified the RO string but it does not have a RW string. Will that matter?

Absolutely. the Min-RMON manager uses SNMP read-write to configure the collection stats. You will need to add a RW string to the switch, and configure that string in DCR before this will work.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing to check is that your SNMP read-write credential (e.g. community string) is correct for this device in DCR. Another useful thing to look at is a sniffer trace of UDP port 161 traffic between the LMS server and this switch when configuring the stats collection. It will definitely show you why the SNMP set is failing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: