CCSI information required

Unanswered Question
Feb 2nd, 2009
User Badges:

I need some advice regarding CCSI. I am a CCNA holder and have passed my BSCI & BCMSN exam, what i wanted to know is that. are there any minimum requirements, like 3 years of experience or you need to pass your exam with certain score, in order to become a CCSI. Also if anyone point me in the right direction in order to become a CCSI. it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for you advice.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Richard Burts Mon, 02/02/2009 - 13:25
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Vishal

It is not easy to find good documentation about requirements for CCSI. I have been a CCSI and I do not believe that the requirements have changed much since I went through the process. So my experience may help to guide you. There is not a requirement for a particular amount of experience. There is a general certification test that you must pass to obtain a CCSI. And to become certified to teach a class you must pass the certification test for that class with a passing score for CCSI (which is different and higher than the passing score for regular certification candidates) and go through a Train the Trainer for that class. And the most significant requirement for CCSI is that you must be sponsored by a certified Training Partner.

So if you are interested in becoming a CCSI I would suggest that you contact a certified Training Partner and ask how you might get into their process for being sponsored for CCSI.

HTH

Rick

vishalprashar Mon, 02/02/2009 - 20:02
User Badges:

Thanks for you advice Rick but there is one more question that i have in my mind. Now say i want to be a CCSI for CCNA course do i need to have a 4 day (I checked it from a couple of website, CLP's) program for ICND 1 and a 4 day program for ICND 2. And then if i want to become a CCSI for CCNP, i will have to undergo a 4 day (each module) training for BSCI, BCMSN, ONT & ISCW.

Hope the question that i asked you is not very confusing, as you said there is nothing much on the internet that i can find about it so can you tell me more about it.

Thanx

Vishal

Richard Burts Tue, 02/03/2009 - 09:11
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Vishal

Perhaps I am not understanding part of your question. But yes if you want to become a CCSI and be certified for CCNA then you need to take the training for both ICND classes. And if you then want to become certified to teach the CCNP classes you need to take the training for the CCNP classes. But some CCSI certify to teach only some (not all) of the CCNP classes. For example, if you want to become certified to teach BSCI but not necessarily certified to teach BCMSN or ONT then you need the training for BSCI but not for BCMSN or ONT.

HTH

Rick

vishalprashar Tue, 02/03/2009 - 09:47
User Badges:

Hi Rick,

Sorry for being unable to explain you the question properly but you have provided me with the answer that i need . So thanks a lot and i hope that Cisco or someone else at least provide some information on web regarding CCSI.

Thanx a lot Rick you have answered to my question even though you understand what i was trying to say.

Cheers

Vishal

Actions

This Discussion