cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c3750 switch module (NME-X-23ES-1G) not properly managed

turnera
Level 1
Level 1

Ths maybe the wrong choice of words for the title, but the issue I find myself in is that the c3750 switchmodule installed in a 3845 router shows up in Ciscoview as a green box with a question mark in it.

Ciscoworks can see it as a Cisco device but I am unable to manage the device in RME. Specifically, I cannot update/store/download any IOS images to the devices from CiscoWorks. Ciscoworks won't even show the IOS as a valid IOS to incorporate into the software image repository.

When I perform a image import for my baseline, Ciscoworks does not even recognize the c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE4.bin file as a file to be imported into the baseline.

Hope this make sense. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME are you using? What is the sysObjectID of this switching module?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME are you using? What is the sysObjectID of this switching module?

I'm running CiscoWorks 3.1

RME 4.2.0

DFM 3.1.1

Ciscoview 6.1.8

If I read it correctly, my SYSObjectId is RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-SMI::ciscoProducts.703

I have attached the SNMP walk as well.

This device is not yet supported by LMS. There is currently no ETA on support, but I have gone ahead and requested it.

Something else I should mention is that if this module is supposed to resemble a 3750, check that you do not have the following configured:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

If you do, remove this, then reboot the module. LMS will then recognize it as a 3750 stack device, and it will be manageable.

Mr. Clarke,

The "snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid" command will not even be accepted by the c3750 switch module. I do not believe that it can be cajoled to resemble an actual 3750. Thank you for your help.

B.T.

Then you will have to wait for official LMS support for this module. In the meantime, there were some generic RME packages posted to Cisco.com recently. They should provide for some basic management of this module. To get these packages go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and download and install all available packages for RME and Common Services.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: