Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the Time stamp on Cisco AP's

lonnylegrand
Level 1
Level 1

In particular, 1200 series AP's

I cant find a link anywhere in the setup (using the GUI interface).

Thanks for the help.

Lonny

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the CLI:

clock timezone

clock summer-time recurring <1, 2, 3, 4 week of the month> <1, 2, 3, 4 week of the month> .

Does this help?

Hi Lonny,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Leo (+5 points Leo :)

From this good guide;

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43adm.html#wp1036880

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, that guide only talks about using the CUI. I need to know if there's a way to configure it thru the GUI.

Not big on using the CUI as most AP's are already mounted and my understanding is you need to use the console port for CUI commands, correct?

Lonny

Hey Lonny,

No worries!

Q. How do I change the date and time settings on the Cisco 1231 AP?

A. Go to the web interface (GUI), choose Services > SNTP, select Time Settings and then change the time.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a008009483e.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: If enabled, you can also access the AP via Telnet and ssh for cli commands :)

The SNTP link was the one I needed. Thanks Rob...

Thanks Rob, that guide only talks about using the CUI. I need to know if there's a way to configure it thru the GUI.

Not big on using the CUI as most AP's are already mounted and my understanding is you need to use the console port for CUI commands, correct?

Lonny

If it's in Autonomous mode, you can telnet into the AP. If it's Lightweight mode, the configuration has to be done on the WLC (CLI or GUI).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: