cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disableing Caller ID on phones with shared lines

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

I have a group of users who work in a sensitive environment, the president of a University. There are 7 users in the office and all have the main numbers plus their personal numbers listed on all phones, mainly to tell if someone is on the phone.

<br />

<br />The problem is that if say the Presidents assistant's husband calls her on her line, the caller ID will show up on all of the other phones. They want to be able to disable this feature for certain lines in certain offices in this area. Obviously not the main line but the personal lines. Its mostly a scenario where its non of anyone else's business who is calling the president or anyone else in the office, but the lines still need to be on each of their phones.

<br />

<br />Is there a way to disable Caller ID inbound on an individual line/phone basis.

<br />

<br />Thanks,

<br />Nick

3 Replies 3

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

What version of CM are your running? I would think in that environment where you need to tell if someone is on the phone or not shared lines is not the way to go. Busy/Line Free extension will be the route you need to go. This will allow you to see who is on the phone and not show caller id.

Here is the link for BLF lines:

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html

If this helps, please rate post.

I'll echo Kelvin here: you should be using BLF. UCM 6.1(2) introduced Call Pickup on a BLF button as well in case that is relevant to these users.

Well, looks like we are running 5.1.1.3000-5 and this feature begins in 6, which we are upgrading to soon. I dont really understand what this will do but I will read up on it. Thanks for the quick reply's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: