Views
Helpful
Replies

Router is getting slow

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are using 2801 ISR, every night at 9:00 PM, router gets very slow and almost we lose connection. I've contacted serivce provider and they mentioned connection is OK. what's the best tool to monitor bandwidth and traffic to pin point exact problem?

I've planned to use NetFlow.

thanks

Alex

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You sure no scheduled backups are happening at this time daily?

If it's slow every 9pm, then I'd suggest you do a packet sniffing to find out traffic status.

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Have you checked the CPU and memory use as well on the router?

What sort of connection do you have to your service provider?

Hi,

no, I have not checked memory or CPU. we have T1 connection which is connected to fa0/1 interface. I run netflow and "ip accounting" on external interface. with "show ip acccounting" and "show ip cache flow", I haven't seen any unusual traffic. do you think the problem is because of SP bandwidth issue?

thanks

Alex

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Agos,

U said

"router gets very slow and almost we lose connection "

are u saying u loose connection to the router when accessing it remotely or connection to internet.

If u are loosing connection to the internet u could probably check for the CPU utilization at that time , check if u are not using any tool (Cisco work or snmp) to pull up configuration at that time ,share the logs like cpu utilization ,memory utilization at the time of high cpu,share the interface statics as well.

Chao

Vishwa

thanks,

I'll capture log file tonight and post it in forum.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What's the IOS and feature set you are running?

I assume that no scheduled backup happens at that particular time?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card