cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP and PAGP

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a bunch of serverfarm switches connected to our core switch (Cat6500s).We also setup port-channel as "on"mode between them. we did not setup any load-balance policy for our environment. I think it would follow up default policy (source-mac).

Right now, there are several new servers to connect our serverfarm switches. They need be configured LACP mode. I also setup port channel as "passive"mode. I have to change policy as source-ip. My question is:

a. Could it cause any spanning tree loop or flapping if I setup new port-channel as LACP?

b. If i change load-balance policy as "sour-ip", would it cause any issue with existing environment? BTW, we treat our serverfarm switch as Layer2 switch, do we need setup policy as source-ip?

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No it won't cause a loop . It shouldn't cause a problem changing the load balance option either. Which side did you set as passive mode ? The other side has to be active mode then to have the channel come active.

thanks for your help! LACP is UP now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: