cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Faxserver: Interaction between Rightfax 9.3 and ATA 186, anyway for work?

the customer is installing Rightfax 9.3 this is working fine with gateway supporting T.38 and also there are ata 186 distribuited in four location they dont want to remove it. so is there anyway for work with both solution faxing from ATA 186 to RightFax and RightFax to ATA 186 by WAN? I think this is not posible because RightFax only work with T.38 while ATA 186 only support pass-trought, is correct?

Thanks

Pablo

5 Replies 5

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco Analog Telephone Adaptor (ATA) 186 supports fax transmission only as pass-through. RightFax solution supports only T.38.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800d698e.shtml

Hi,

So you say it is not possible to send fax one to another?

some additional gateways? with dial-peers one side with t38 and other fax pass-through, or something like that?

regards,

Goran Pilat

When you say don't want to remove, do you mean they need the functionality of the ATA there, or they just don't want to touch them. If they are willing to replace it with another device, I believe the VG202 would provide the t.38 functionality and provide effective replacements for the ATA.

Hi,

I meant they don't want to change their ATAs (some of them, of course) either for softfax or VG202, they'll keep ATAs.

So I suppose this wouldn't work..

cheers,

Goran pilat

As i said the requirement was faxing compatibility among ATA and Faxserver, but this is not possible. One solution is replacing ATA by VG202 or VG204 this devices support T.38.

Thanks to everyone for your reply.

Pablo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: