cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

about call forwarding, voicemail and ac hunt group

rachelau_2005
Level 1
Level 1

I have some problem regarding to the voicemail, ac hunt group and call forwarding)

<br />

<br />e.g.

<br />extension 8000 ( cti route point) would be call forwarded all to a ac hunt group which would be go into queue when overflow and will transfer to the voicemail if all lines are busy in this hunt group.

<br />

<br />8000 ( CTI route point) --> call forward all to 7000( ac hunt pilot) which contains a hunt group with extension ( 7001, 7002 , 7003, 7999).. where the list extension 7999 is the voicemail pilot.

<br />

<br />

<br />my problem is I have to play a greeting before the call is being answered in the hunt group. and then message would need to be taken when the hold time is exceeded in the queue.

<br />

<br />I have created subscriber 8000 ... however, how can I set it up so that it knows how to ONLY play greeting before the call being answered and ONly know how to take message after the hold time exceed?

<br />

<br />Thanks

<br />

<br />Kind regards,

<br />Rachel

<br />

<br />

15 Replies 15

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Rachel,

If you are going with the AC setup, use the AC User plus Line Number method (line member) which supports Login/Logout. It sounds like the Broadcast Hunting method might be a nice fit for this. The ability to Queue up callers and play either Music or some sort of "Hold in Queue" messaging as well as Login/Logout for the staff is great.You can use the setting for the "Always Route Member" to route calls to VM after a specified time or if too many calls are holding. This Voicemail can be setup on the Pilot Point number so that it doesn't hit the users Personal mailbox. Have a look;

**Broadcast Hunting - When a call arrives at the pilot point, Cisco TCD answers the call, places the call on hold, adds the call to the queue, and displays the call in the Broadcast Calls window on attendant PCs. While on hold, the caller receives music on hold, if it is configured. Any attendant can answer the call from the Broadcast Calls window. You can choose this option from the Attendant Console Configuration tool.

Understanding Broadcast Hunting

Broadcast hunting enables Cisco Cisco CallManager Attendant Console to answer calls and place them into a queue. The attendant console displays the queued calls to all available attendants after inserting the calls into the queue and to all attendants that become available while the call is in the queue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The attendant console only broadcasts calls to attendants that are set up as user/line number hunt group members in the broadcast hunting pilot point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The queued calls appear in the Broadcast Calls window on the attendant PC.

Any attendant in the hunt group that is online can answer the queued calls. Cisco CallManager Attendant Console does not automatically send the calls to an attendant.

You can specify the following values for each broadcast hunting pilot point:

Queue Size - This field specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that i s specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console drops the call when the queue size limit is reached.

Hold Time - This field specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco CallManager Attendant Console keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to the "AlwaysRoute" member. If you do not configure an always route member, the call remains in the queue until an attendant becomes available.

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

**That the user is logged in to the attendant console

**That the user is online

**That the line is available

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1144562

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Rob,

Thanks so much for your help.

yes I have set up the broadcast hunting and it is working fine... however the problem is about playing the greeting before answering the call ( but not taking message) and then if exceed the hold time, it needs to take the message only ( not playing the greeting again) in the same subscriber box... i cant seem to get it working... any idea?

thanks

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

You are always welcome! It sounds like you are using Unity for both messaging solutions. If I were setting this up, I would record a MOH Loop message that was played while callers were queued up waiting for the Attendant (via Broadcast Hunting) and then use Unity for the VM Message portion only :)

Can't think of a way to make this work any other way.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

the message need to be play every time before the attendant answer the call... however, if the line are all available, it will never go into the queue.. then how can i play the message before the attendant answer the call?

and how can I set up the MOH loop message in the queue?

Thanks

kind regards

Rachel

Hi Rob,

This is the existing set up:

existing set up:

XXXX ( external number) -> CFA -> to CTI Route Point 8000

CTI Route Point 8000 --> CFA to Hunt Pilot (8001)

Hunt pilot 8001 has a hunt list which points to 2 hunt groups

HG1 -> phone extensions 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 (broadcast hunting) all phones ring at the same time

HG2 -> phone extensions 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (broadcast hunting)

If the call is not answered by the able phones the call is diverted to a Attendant console hunt pilot 7000

AC hunt pilot has a AC hunt group ( with extension 7001, 7002, 7003,7999) where extension 7999 is the voice mail pilot. and 7999 is set to "always route"

The AC hunt group = has all the above extensions ( with extension 7001, 7002, 7003) in it plus a CTI route port divert to VM (7999).

The AC hunt pilot is set to enable queueing with queue size set to 5 and hold time is set to 2 minutes so that the call is diverted to VM if no one answer and exceed the hold time.

a subscriber ( 8000) has been set up .. so that when someone called the number 8000 from externally, it go through the hunt list 1 and then hunt list 2 and then go into queue if all lines above are busy... and then go into the voicemail if exceed the hold time.

The hunt list are working fine..... however I need to play a message right before anyone answer the call ( i guess before the hunt list)...

I have tried to create another subscriber as follows:

XXXX ( external number) -> CFA -> to CTI Route Point 8000

CTI Route Point 8000 --> CTI port 3333 which has been set up as a CFA to Voicemail.

then on subscriber 3333, it has been set up to only play the greeting and without taking message and after greeting will be call transfer to 8001 ( hunt pilot)

*** the following is the same as above)

Hunt pilot 8001 has a hunt list which points to 2 Hunt groups

HG1 -> phone extensions 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005 (broadcast hunting) all phones ring at the same time

HG2 -> phone extensions 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (broadcast hunting)

If the call is not answered by the able phones the call is diverted to a Attendant console hunt pilot 7000

AC hunt pilot has a AC hunt group ( with extension 7001, 7002, 7003,7999) where extension 7999 is the voice mail pilot.

The AC hunt group = has all the above extensions ( with extension 7001, 7002, 7003) in it plus a CTI route port divert to VM (7999).

The AC hunt pilot is set to enable queueing with queue size set to 5

After 2 minutes the call is diverted to VM.

However, it doesnt work... as once it hit the CFA to voicemail, it will go to the subscriber of 8000 instead of the subscriber of 3333, since the caller is calling 8000 ....

any idea?

Thanks

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

That is one tricky setup :) The one thing that jumps out at me here is to ask what version of Unity you are running?? There is a setting in Unity 5.x and beyond that may fix this issue;

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg060.html#wp1040786

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information.

Does it need to be minium 5.X? my unity version is 4.0(5)...

Thanks

kind regards

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

You are most welcome! Sadly, this is only available in Unity 5.x and up. Have you ever looked into Unity Routing Rules. I am not very familiar with them but you may be able to leverage them in this setup for the "final" voicemail step.

Cheers!

Rob

My recommedation in Unity is to pull up the call viewer. Watch the call being forwarding to VM.. You will see how the calls is being matched in Unity. Once you determine this, then you will create a Unity routing rule to forward to a destination based on the direct/forward routing rule. You can match based on Calling Number, DNIS and forwarding station.

I use this alot and it works. Since I do not know how the call is reference once it is getting to Unity, I can't give you the exact steps. If you like, you can make a test call, caputure the screen and post it here. I would be happen to comment on how to move forward from that point.

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for the information, I'll try that and see how it goes :)

Kind regards

Rachel

Rachel,

What you can do to overcome this is this..

1. Instead of using a CTI-Port, create a dummy DN eg 5555..

2. Create a new unity profile and on the mask put 5555. assign the profile to the dummy number 5555.

3. Record the greeting you want on subscriber 5555 (as you have done with the 3333 number...

4. Set your CTI-RP to CFA to 5555 and 5555 to Voice mail.

NB you can delete the CTI-port 3333 and re-use it as the dummy DN number, so you dont have to re-record your greetings..

Please rate all useful posts

May I know what do you mean by "dummy DN"? Do I set it up as a phone in call manager? 5555 is also a dummy number which i set up as a CTI port... thanks

Also, would you be able to provide me more steps on how to do the step 2:

2. Create a new unity profile and on the mask put 5555. assign the profile to the dummy number 5555.

I am using unity 4.0(5)... and call manager is 4.2.1

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Rachel

Hi,

To create a voice mail profile for unity on callmanager do the following

1. Go to CCMAdmin>feature>voice mail>voice mail profile

2. Click on Add new. Enter the following parameters

a. Voice mail profile Name

b. description

c.Select Voice mail Pilot from the list

d. Voice mail Box Mask (here enter the mask which I suggested. If you are re-using the existing number 3333 which you already have the greeetings recorded, enter it here..

What i mean by create a dummy number is any DN which you can use only for this prupose. I will suggest you delete the CTI_port 3333...then add a dummy phone (just use a dummy mac address and then assign the extension 3333 to it. On this extension set CFA to voice mail and apply the new unity profile you created.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: