cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Viewmail for Outlook settings to new Unity server

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

We built a new Unity UM server and moved users via Global Subscriber Manager and changed their Voice Mail Profile with no issues.

Originally we had not installed ViewMail for Outlook on users computers as they didn't want IT to support it, but found some users had secretly installed it!

I don't recall how to change Viewmail for Outlook 5.0(2) to use the new servers and don't see in Outlook where the VMO settings are.

I'm hoping for either registry change or Tools > Options in the menu.

I remember in the old days when running in Failover you had to manually change VMO, but don't remember what I did….

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes you can change the Cisco Unity server name in Outlook by choosing Tools --> Viewmail Options

On the General tab, you can edit the Cisco Unity server name used.

You can also change it in Outlook from within a voice message itself. Open a voice message in Outlook, click on the drop down arrow in the media master control (VCR like playback controls), choose options and edit the Cisco Unity server name.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is a shortcut, just re-mapped the DNS hostname to the new IP address.

Unity01 = 192.168.100.100

Unity02 = 192.168.100.101

Change Unity01 = 192.168.100.101

That way, the end user has no idea the Unity server even changed. (just need to make sure the old server has been turned off!

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: