Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN problem

rvr_76bg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have to setup new WAN link between US and Europe. I got the following info by the carrier for the E1(Europe) side:

HDB3 line coding

PCM31

CRC4 enabled

TS0

Frame Terminated

I know how to setup line coding and CRC4 but I am not familiar with the rest of the settings.

Can anybody tell me the commands that respond to the settings of my E1 side of the line?

Thank you in advance!

rvr

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TS0 - meaning framed circuit, nothing to change in router.

frame terminated - leads me to think you have frame relay, not point-to-point. But I may be wrong.

PCM31 - Another definition of framed E1. Nothing to configure in router about that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Frame terminated - are you accessing a frame relay network ? If so you will also need at the minimum, the DLCI number.

Hello,

I don't know about frame relay network. Do you know the commands for the rest of the settings??

rvr

It is a point-to-point circuit with T1 tail on the US side ? In that case you will have to configure 24 timeslots for channel-group.

Else if frame-realy, most likely will use 31 timeslots.

OK, one edn will be T1 (US side) the other end will be E1 (Europe side). This is point to point leased line between 2 locations of the same company. I am asking specially for "TS0", "frame terminated" and "PCM31".

Regards,

rvr

TS0 - meaning framed circuit, nothing to change in router.

frame terminated - leads me to think you have frame relay, not point-to-point. But I may be wrong.

PCM31 - Another definition of framed E1. Nothing to configure in router about that.

That's the answer what I was looking for.

Great, thanks.

rvr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco