Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 Connecting VPN client to ASA

pradeepsamant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are facing problem while installing ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9.

Type of Problem :

WE HAVE SETUP THE REMOTE VPN AND GIVEN ALL THE INFO WHAT IS TOLD IN MANUAL . BUT STILL WHEN I TRY TO PING FROM MY SYSTEM TO MY ASA IP [ OUTSIDE ] IT DOES NOT PING . AS A RESULT THE VPN CLIENT IS NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO ASA.

Pls help.

Thanks & Regards

6 Replies 6

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

Can you post your ASA config on the forum? also go ahead and check the interface state of the ASA with the show interface command, is it up? Does your ASA have default gateway? Can your ASA ping this default gateway?

Hi,

Pls chk answer of your queries.Pls chk attached ASA config.

a)interface state of the ASA with the show interface command, is it up?Answer is YES

b)Does your ASA have default gateway?

d) Can your ASA ping this default gateway?Answer is YES

Thanks & Regards

Go ahead and get rid of the authorization lines on your tunnel group:

tunnel-group madhu general-attributes

address-pool rmt

authorization-server-group LOCAL

authorization-server-group (outside) LOCAL

no authorization-server-group LOCAL

no authorization-server-group (outside) LOCAL

no authorization required

Make another test with all of those out.

But by this every one who has ip can acess the vpn and how customer will control acess of vpn by authorised users.

If you have a user account on either the ASA or an external server and that is checked when using the vpn client, then only users that have valid username and password will be able to connect.

But by this every one who has ip can acess the vpn and how customer will control acess of vpn by authorised users.

Thanks & Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: