two ?'s today

how to repeat a menu.

and how to put delay between a prompt.

thanks all in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 02/03/2009 - 06:22

Use a label to repeat a menu then use a goto label step.

if it's a short delay, like a short pause, I would just re-record the script.

safety2008 Tue, 02/03/2009 - 06:29

thanks for response. for delay, we use prompts strung together, its between the prompts i would like to delay.2nd i do have a repeat tag there, but its not repeating. it off main menu to repeat these options press 9. press 9 the menu does not repeat

Anthony Holloway Tue, 02/03/2009 - 06:26

Repeat The Menu

Label MainMenu

Menu Prompt

-- Choice 1

---- /* steps for choice 1 */

-- Choice 2

---- /* steps for choice 2 */

-- Choice #

---- Goto MainMenu

Insert Delay Between Two Prompts

Two ways:

1. In one step, insert a 1 second delay

Play Prompt (myPrompt1 + DP[1000] + myPrompt2)

2. In three steps insert a 1 second delay

Play Prompt (myPrompt1)

Delay 1000

Play Prompt (myPrompt2)

safety2008 Tue, 02/03/2009 - 06:39

i am not as well versed as you, i have enclosed two snapshots. if they make any sense in re: to my questions let me know.

safety2008 Tue, 02/03/2009 - 06:47

would i put DP[1000]

between day menu and billing menu. befor the + or after?

Anthony Holloway Tue, 02/03/2009 - 07:18

For the repeat section, you only have one menu (in the screen shot anyways).

The label above the menu is "AddressInfo"

The Repeat output branch is not expanded, so I cannot see what steps are in there.

Judging from what you included in your screen shot, it is obvious you think the branch for "9" is the output for the menu.

This is not the case. That is an output branch for the Switch Step. You are confusing the relationships between steps and output branches of nested steps.

Please include another screen shot with the "Repeat" branch under the menu expanded.

For the delay section, you are not showing the step that actually plays the prompt.

However, to give you an example:

In your step:

DayMenu2 = Create Container Prompt Concatenation (P[SafetyMain\DayClaim.wav] + P[SafetyMain\Billing6.wav] + ...)

If you wanted a delay between DayClaim.wav and Billing6.wav, you would do this:

DayMenu2 = Create Container Prompt Concatenation (P[SafetyMain\DayClaim.wav] + DP[500] + P[SafetyMain\Billing6.wav] + ...)

That inserts a half of a second delay between the two. Just repeat that logic where ever you need a delay before, in between, or after a prompt.

On a side note...

As a helpful tip, don't upload 2MB BMP screen shots. Crop them down and use JPG or PNG. This helps everyone involved. Thanks.

safety2008 Tue, 02/03/2009 - 07:37

bingo, on the delay. thats exactly what i want. sorry for these but this was set up by others. I am now charged with tweaking, iam sheduled for scripting class, but i need to change these. I have attched a doc. hope that good. but yes when 9 is pressed it should replay the day menu which has all the 4=address9=repeat etc.

Thanks again!!!!!

safety2008 Tue, 02/03/2009 - 08:30

hope this is it, pressing 4 does the address menu, i need to have 9 replay the whole menu, if i am making sense

Anthony Holloway Tue, 02/03/2009 - 10:24

I believe you are thinking that the Get Digit String step *is* the menu.

Therefore, follow the notes in this screen shot to repeat the Prompt played by the Get Digit String step, and acquire a new value from the caller.

safety2008 Wed, 02/04/2009 - 04:30

i must be screwing something up, when i make changes you suggest, it seems to bypass the prompts/main greeting. i will keep playing..thanks again.

Anthony Holloway Wed, 02/04/2009 - 11:17

It doesn't seem like we will be able to solve your scripting needs here in the forums.

If you would like, send me an e-mail (my profile) and we can discuss enhancements and/or fixes to your script.

Otherwise, please rate all helpful posts! Thanks.

This Discussion