cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME B-ACD Call Queueing limits

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, would i be correct in thinking that when implementing Cisco CME B-ACD features the customer requires enough incoming PSTN lines to support the amount of calls being queued by the CME Router.

For example a 2821 ISR Router terminating ISDN30 circuit w/ 10 channels enabled and running CME has a single call queue configured as part of a B-ACD setup, there are 5 available extensions to which the B-ACD system can hand off the call, during an instance where all 5 extensions are busy and there are 5 calls in the queue can an 11th caller be queued much like a Call Centre would do or would they receive a fast busy signal.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You are right on track with your thinking here my friend :) There will always be a 1 to 1 relationship between the number of available Incoming lines (10) and the number of available Queue slots (10). I always have a tough time explaining this to customers who don't ever think about the "front end" line restriction being the determining factor ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You are right on track with your thinking here my friend :) There will always be a 1 to 1 relationship between the number of available Incoming lines (10) and the number of available Queue slots (10). I always have a tough time explaining this to customers who don't ever think about the "front end" line restriction being the determining factor ;-)

Cheers!

Rob

Much appreciated just what i needed to hear.

Regards

Hi Mark,

You are most welcome! Call Centre type set-ups are always a mystery for clients. It's like the old "bums in the seats" rule where you still need a "live" person to answer the calls.

Cheers!

Rob