CUCM 7.0 Dial Plan Design

Unanswered Question
Feb 3rd, 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to get my head around the new dial plan design recommended by Cisco for CUCM 7.0 on page 418 of the SRND.

I am based in the United Kingdom and normally use the UK dial plan and line/device approach when designing dial plans. The majority of my customers only have UK sites but this will probably change in the future.

Using the new design approach the recommendation is that all destination numbers (route patterns) be represented in E.164 format.

Therefore when a user dials a UK mobile with the number 07525123456 I use a translation pattern to change this to +447525700156. I then need a route pattern to match the translated number.

This is where things start getting complex. I am not able to use the UK dial plan with a +.@ pattern as this matches 44752570 as an eight digit local number and trys to send it to a gateway.

I guess that I should not expect to use country specifc dial plans with globalised numbers but the alternative is to put specific route patterns for all types of UK destination numbers which seems a massive step backwards.

All the examples that I have seen Cisco documents use route patterns ending with ! wildcards which means that the inter-digit timer must expire before the call is routed - this is not progress!

What I would like to know is whether there is any way to combine the new design approach with country specific dial plans.

Any feedback welcomed

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion