Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 and Windows Server 2008 Active Directory

aoyawale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to integrate UC520 with Active Directory to add telephone extensions to users rather than doing it manually or importing a CSV file? If this is not possible, could anyone share a template for the format to use in the CSV file?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tola,

A sample csv file is bundled with CCA, and can be found in the C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant\appdata directory.

As for changing the extension length, once you have set the extension length with CCA initially, you will not be able to change it without factory resetting the UC500.  As such, you really need to set the extension length to try and accommodate any future plans.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Active Directory (AD) or LDAP are not currently supported. What CSV file are you referring to here?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your response. I read in the UC520 documentation that you can upload user's details to the UC520 using a csv file before assigning extensions/mailbox to them rather than adding each user manually. I just want to know the layout to use for the csv (text) file.

One more thing, if I need to change the default extension from 3-digit to 4-digit is it better to setup the ip-phone using the default settings and later change each extension using the CCA or GUI? Or is it better to change the default extension to 4-digits and allow the UC520 to automatically assign 4-digit extensions to the phones?

Thanks.

Tola

Hi Tola,

A sample csv file is bundled with CCA, and can be found in the C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant\appdata directory.

As for changing the extension length, once you have set the extension length with CCA initially, you will not be able to change it without factory resetting the UC500.  As such, you really need to set the extension length to try and accommodate any future plans.

Cheers,

Dave.

Actually it is possible to change extension length without doing a factory reset.

You have to change the following in CLI in order to adjust the extension length on the UC520:

• The voice translation rules
  • The station-id number of FXS voice ports
  • The destination pattern of the dial peers for CUE VM, CUE AA, and CUE prompt management
  • The destination-pattern in POTS dial peers (if set to an internal extension)
  • Live-record extension and voicemail extension under telephony-service
  • Ephone-dn numbers

You also have to change the following in CUE through the CUE CLI:

• CCN Trigger phone numbers
  • User phone numbers
  • Group phone numbers

Marcos -

Do you know if this is on the roadmap?

We are looking at different Directory integration options, but nothing is committed yet.

Thanks,

Marcos

aoyawale
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to everyone that responded to my questions.