cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Network-Specific Facilities Information Element Question

nrichie
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please give me an example of when you would want to use the ISDN Network-Specific Facilities Information Elements in a route pattern? I would think all ISDN settings would be done on the gateway. Obviously I am missing something or I am not understanding what these settings actually do.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

2 Replies 2

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Nathan,

NSF is only used at the Telco request, by that I mean that when the Telco sells the ISDN line to you, it will be asking you to support NSF, in general terms that means that you are connecting to a very old class IV switch on the Telco side.

I remember working with Telcos that requested the NSF megacom, signaling whise when you modify that parameter on CCM Route patterns pointing to your MGCP PRI, what you will see on the Q931 SETUP being sent to the Telco is that a Information element named "Network-Specific Facility" is added with your seleccion.

Here's a link that even though it does not explain much it confirms what I mentioned:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/interovr.html#wp1037990

Hope this helps

-Manny

Thanks Manny!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: