cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USB MOH on 6.1

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is using the Advitel MOH server to broadcast real time news updates, events and weather forecasts (etc) to callers placed on hold. I have connected the headset jack on the server to the mic input on the Cisco USB MOH card and the quality is very poor. The "esses" hiss and there is a lot of crackling. I guess this is due to input/output being balanced/unbalanced. Has anyone successfully attached another make of USB card that has a line in port rather than a mic in.

4 Replies 4

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone has had this issue and been able to resolve it I would be grateful to know what sound card you used.

Thanks,

Paul

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I have used a Griffin iMic to connect a CD player to a CallManager 4.2 server with acceptable quality. It has a line input.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic

In the Cisco docs I have seen only the iMic listed as supported for 3.x/4.x.

For Linux based versions of CallManager the only supported piece of hardware that I am aware of is Cisco's own MOH-USB-AUDIO= Music On Hold USB Audio Adapter which is the one that you are using.

OmniDigital1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul, I have a customer using the Cisco USB MOH card and we provided this product to reduce the input level to mic level. Could be an option for you if you still need one.

http://www.radiodesignlabs.com/product.php?page=26

Regards

Hi Omni,

This is all sorted now but thanks for your comments. It transpired that the problem was with the recorded format of the original .wav files. The provider of the MoH files record their files in high quality format and then use EQing to compress / resample to a lower quality and that seems to be whats causing the problem. I created some of my own .wav files in the correct format for CUCM from the outset and they were fine.

Cheers,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: