cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"private password phrase" for CCM cluster not known.

babatunde_sanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,I would be patching the CCM cluster very soon. Currently I do not know the passwords used for all the accounts except the one used for management from explorer (I wish I could kick the person who installed the thing without proper documentation in the ass). I had tried installing the Dailed number analyzer some time back but couldn't because I didn't have the password phrase used. "I ignored it intentionally" ( I knew it was going to hunt me soon and the soon has come). Am not sure if I would need any of this passwords but just to be safe I want to know them before starting the install. I know how to reset the passwords using the ccmpwdchanger (from run) and where to find the adminutility tool. Do I need to use both tools to make all the passwords uniform (I mean make all the password the same) to make my life easier.

Basically what do you advice. I also know there will definitely be some downtime (roughly a thousand phone) Ouch!.

Any take on my situation appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you need the private password phrase just with adminutility is fine, no need to run ccmpwdchanger unless you do want to change the pwd for all users.

adminutility changes the pwd for local accounts, ccmpwdchanger does for accounts in the directory

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

yes

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you need the private password phrase just with adminutility is fine, no need to run ccmpwdchanger unless you do want to change the pwd for all users.

adminutility changes the pwd for local accounts, ccmpwdchanger does for accounts in the directory

HTH

java

HTH

java

thanks avalanc for the quick response. Point taken. So u think I should worry about using just the adminitility tool only for now? Or what other accounts should I worry about?

since you only need the private password phrase yes, adminutility is fine for the time being. be aware it's service disrupting to do it in a maintenance window

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok javalenc. Thanks. One cross reference. What is the best way to change the way phones look for a Primary CCM server? I want to make sure all the phones are using the publisher first. The CCM groups configurations are good but some phones are currently using the Publisher first group. Will simply finding the device pool using the Publisher group first and changing the group to Subscriber first be sufficient in the configuration page for those groups?

Thanks.

best practice is phones use SUBs, not PUB as primary server.

in any case it's all matter of CCM group order to configure this

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yes javalenc. I understand and know the best practice. You didn't understand my question. Just got in here and have been making a lot of changes to standardise stuffs both for Data and voice traffic. I didn't make the phones use the Publisher "1st" group but i want to change it. I will spear you the details. Knowing the best practise is why I asked the question on how to best change the way the phones are registering. I noticed some of the phones are using the Publisher first group that is why I want to change them to Subscriber first group. So going to device pool, searching for devices in the Publisher "first" group and changing the group in the page to Subscriber "1st" group. Will doing this alone move / force them to use the subscriber 1st group?

yes

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: