Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS generates CPU/MEM reports but not Intfs' ones

Shen.Chun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I've installed an MARS 55 appliance and followed by the user guide to add 2 multi-context ASA5580 appliances w/ admin + 2 security contexts in AA failover mode.

I designed to use the mgmt0/0.30, mgmt0/0.31 and mgmt0/0.32 for the OOB mgmt purpose only with each context and had them with the "standby ip_address" configuration for failover and "no mgmt-only" on them.

Also, I designed to use the mgmt0/1.40, mgmt0/1.41, and mgmt0/1.42 for the reporting purpose (syslog, and SNMP polling) only with each context and had them with the "standby ip_address" configuration for failover and "no mgmt-only" on them.

When I checked the CPU & MEM reports pertaining to the Resource Usage, I would see the admin/Ctx1/Ctx2 CPU & Memory utilization graph.

But when I navigated the Interface Utilization ones ... it has nothing to demonstrate with "scheduled" & "submitted" fields having the timestamp information.

How can I solve this problem?

My FW configuration wrong ?

I used 4 real interfaces for each security contexts with one for outside and the other for inside.

The admin context has only the mgmt0/0.30 and mgmt0/1.40.

I also can use the MARS snmpwalk to query each context's interface MIBs.

Thanks and Appreciate

3 Replies 3

Shen.Chun
Level 1
Level 1

Push ~~~

I changed from the mgmt interface to the real physical one, i.e.:

interface gi 3/2.210 - admin reporting IP

interface gi 3/2.211 - Ctx1 reporting IP

interface gi 3/2.212 - Ctx2 reporting IP

All of them with the standby IP along w/ them, e.g.,:

10.10.210.1 standby 10.10.210.2

10.10.211.1 standby 10.10.211.2

10.10.212.1 standby 10.10.212.2

My MARS is located at 10.10.220.50

I definitely sure the routing is working fine.

But the inbound/outbound interface utilization reports are not shown. (with Top View within 1hr)

OK ... seems that I confused w/ the method how MARS collects.

CPU/MEM collected by SNMP

Interface Utilization collected by log

Right ?

Cause we generate the traffic by IXIA, the interface utilization reports are presented.

CPU/Memory and Interface Utilization information is all collected by SNMP.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/user/guide/combo/cfgOver.html#wp650969