Problem migrating from AP to LAP

Unanswered Question
Feb 3rd, 2009

We hve this problem.

We have a network, working properly since 2 years, of 15 autonomous AP (mix of 1200, 1300 and 1400).

One of them is WCS master, we have configured few ssidd.

Now we are migrating to LAP and WLC 4402, all seems to work properly in lab environment, but when we have migrated AP in production, problems appear :(

In particular, for one ssid configured on old AP for WPA/TKIP auth, some devices go well on new architecture (on WLC we have configured a ssid with same name and same parameters), but many of them fail.

Watching in Monitor Clients I can see some of them always in Probing status, with Unknown SSID, other associated to correct SSID but not Authenticated.

Thanks

Daniele

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Tue, 02/03/2009 - 10:45

This usually is due to older drivers on the clients. Most of the time when migrating from ap put in 3+ years ago and converting them to LWAPP, I have seen this and updating drivers will hopefully fix 98% of your issue. Also with older devices, you might want to make sure that 1mbps and 2mbps is mandatory.

dimensyssrl Tue, 02/03/2009 - 10:55

The exact error is:

Client Excluded: MACAddress:00:15:70:32:66:fc Base Radio MAC :00:1c:b0:e8:84:a0 Slot: 0 Reason:802.1x Authentication failed 3 times. ReasonCode: 4

Scott Fella Tue, 02/03/2009 - 10:59

The error shows that you have client exclusion set on the wlan advanced tab. This also means that the client is configured wrong and after 3 consecutive failures, the devices gets excluded. You have to remove the device from exclusion or disable client exclusion untill you have a stable environment. Check the encryption and authentication method on the wlc. If you have some that are working, then again.... verify the drivers on the cleint side.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode