Views
Helpful
Replies

presence in corporate directory

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using CUCM 7.0, how can I turn on presence functionality in corporate directory?

I totally forget which service must be on.

thanks

Alex

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Corporate Directory from the IP phone? I am not aware of a feature allowing you to see presence status through IP phone corp directory.

HTH,

Chris

yes,

I did for our system but I forget how. I am trying to configure it for our customer now.

Yes this is a feature and it does work with the corporate directory. Please check out the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html#wp1098807

If the corp directory is LDAP enabled, the directory numbers must match the line for this to all work correct?

Yes as far as I know.. That is correct. DN must match the DN in the corporate directory in order for it to function correctly.

Cool. So a person scrolling through the corp directory and or Missed calls, etc they will see the BLF indicator on the screen? (if all the stars are aligned in CUCM)

That is correct....

Hi guys,

I have a customer with CUCM 6.1.4 synced with AD with phone number in this format: "0033 123456 XXX" where XXX is the internal extension (=line number).

When it scrolls the corporate directory, he can see the presence information, even if the phone number is not exactly matching the extension number. I mean, the phone number is in long format, but the CUCM succeeds to search the presence information for the XXX internal DN.

I am trying to reproduce this in CUCM 7.1 but if the phone number is not exactly the same in CorpoDir entries, there is no presence icon on the IPPhone.

Does someone know why?

Best regards,

Yorick

Does this feautre work with CCM 5.1 as well?

Thanks,

MK

Hi,

I just found back how to implement presence in corporate directory when the directory number is not the exact same pattern than the real DN (E.164 syntax for instance). The Presence Subscribe CSS of the phones must contain a translation pattern translating the E.164 into the real DN syntax. For instance, a TP "\+352123456.XXXX" --> "XXXX". In this way, the phone will display line presence of XXXX DN when the corporate directory shows +352123456XXXX. I think it could work in 5.1. Try it and tell us. Best regards, Yorick.

So you made a translation pattern in the Presence Subscribe CSS and it automatically fixed the BLF? neato if that is the case

Before I add a TP in CSS, the Corporate Directory entries in phone display did not show presence icon because the line number does no match exactly the real DN of the phone. After the add of the TP "123456.XXX" --> "XXX", the presence icon appears in the C.D. I assume it is because the CSS_Presence of the phone "looks" to match the line number, finds the TP and looks forward for the real DN presence.

Try it and tell us.

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: